Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Orders Received

I just got orders to head to BOLC on March 23, 2011.  I heard from other people in my reserve unit that it will be a blast.  I am going to the long course for the Army Reserves since my MOS is 70B, instead of the short course like other AMEDD reserve officers.  Looking forward to it.

I have most of my uniform items all ready purchased since I have been drilling since July 2010.  Not much to do on that end.  Just some odds and ends.

The main thing I need to work on before BOLC is my run for the APFT.  I am not a runner by trade, so I have been working hard on this.  I already passed the APFT in October during drill, but my run time cut it close.   I am running every other day outside currently. 

Tip:  Make sure for the run portion of the APFT, you are preparing for it by running OUTSIDE!  Don't run on a treadmill.  This will not simulate the right leg muscle groups.  Otherwise you will be really sore and you will be shocked your APFT run time didn't match your treadmill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment